.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 11, 2005

Team Nemesis 2-8 Swiss Club Red Flamingoes

well, Dennis ma man, you wrapped up my 4 yrs in NUS just the way you started it for me. By screwing me upside down for practically everything that goes wrong while I'm on the court. hahaha, but I'm cool abt it man, grown into it already, and I do have lots of respect for your tactical acumen. I guess you'll really miss me should I stop playing floorball, haha!


Dennis Lim, is my floorball coach, and has been the NUS mens' floorball team coach for the past 4+x years. If a mistake happens to be made while I'm on court, without a shadow of a doubt, through the eyes of Coach Lim, I must have played a critical role in it, so it's inevitably my fault. When he doesn't have his coaching hat on and barking from the sidelines during a match, Dennis is a great guy. Fun, friendly and very approachable.

Coming back to yesterday's match, well, it was the semi-final of the SFL 2005. We were up against the Swiss Club Red Flamingoes (SCRF), titans of the local floorball scene. Since their inception 2 1/2 yrs ago, they've been winning anything and everything that lay before them, and have yet to be defeated. We were neatly whipped 2-8. 1st period score was 2-3, 2nd period 0-1, and the 3rd 0-4.

I was on the court for 2 of the 8 goals, but that doesn't really matter, much of the cocking up must've been my fault anyway (right Dennis?). It didn't help that I was playing at 75% condition en route to recovery from a torn calf muscle. Sitting out our own 8-1 whipping of Skools Floorball last weekend in the q-final did me alot of good in being able to at least play in this one. The scoreline itself didn't do us justice as we were outplayed by spectacular individual skills rather than brilliant play-ups. Their conversion rate was simply awesome. They must've had like 15 shots on target out of which 8 went in. We got about the same number of shots out of which 2 went in. Yeah, speaks volumes doesn't it?

Sigh....in my 4 yrs in NUS, our season in the SFL has always ended at the semis. Hmm....well, I started off really excited about writing all this, but now I'm quite down about it being all over, and I'm dead tired as well. So I guess its time for me to evaporate from here and get some sleep.....*yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home